Monday, April 27, 2009

It's official - I haven't got a big gob

After a week of complaining to any poor soul that would listen about my toothache and earache, and taking copious amounts of painkillers and antibiotics for my sinusitis, I traipsed back to the doctors with frustratingly sore teeth and he confirmed what I thought was always true: I have very definitely got a small gob. In fact, so small that there probably isn't enough space for my wisdom teeth. I'm going to have to find a dentist to sort it all out. *Sigh* I'm on the waiting list... I'm not holding my breath though (certainly not if there's an 18-month wait).

Nevertheless, I'm still quite chuffed to be able to say that any accusations of me having a big mouth are unfounded and distinctly untrue. Even the doctor says so, so nah nah nah nah nah.

Thankfully I seem to be responding well to the litres of lovely cups of tea my dad has been making. Bless him. He's got the milk-to-tea ratio just right now, although it did take a few tantrums. There's nowt like the combination of tea and codeine to make one get a delightfully fuzzy warm glow. Lovely.

The only downside is the fact I can't drive anywhere - I'm a dippy enough driver without the help of medication. It would be true disaster to combine myself, my forgetfulness, and the spaced-out effects of codeine with driving a vehicle... I shudder to think of the consequences. Of course, as I perpetually attempt to avoid driving anyway, my family think this is all an elaborate ruse on my behalf to get them to act as my chauffeurs.

Naturally that is true - I'd much rather be ferried around like royalty - but I'm hardly going to admit that to them, am I? Plus, this week has been the week of shit weather and interviews in inaccessible places. So I have been reliant on the generosity of family members. Which means my usual illness-induced narky temperament has had to be suspended - and despite feeling like I want to throw myself on the floor and wail loudly at the unfairness of my situation and generally be quite vile and unreasonable, I have had to instead be on my best behaviour.

Its just not fair.

2 comments:

boozy.susie said...

oh no, poor you, wisdom teeth hurt like hell. I ate large quantities of frozen peas still frozen to numb the area! they didn't taste as bad as i thought! Hope your feeling better
s.x

Mary Poppins said...

Yuck. Peas are high on my list of food items I still can't eat after years of torment and forced consumption during my childhood. They've traumatised me forever. Peas and liver... and jelly (although definitely not together, for that would be far, far too cruel for anyone to bear). *Shudder*

The wisdom teeth still hurt a tad, but I've still got about 15 months left on the waiting list for the dentist. Ho hum...